We know there’s a lot more to HMO’s than the average let which can which can be overwhelming. HMO’s require more management with the high turnover of tenants, tougher legislation & regulations to follow and then there’s the maintenance which you need to be proactive not reactive.
At Barratt Lettings Ltd, we understand the involvement required to fully manage a successful HMO and there’s the people aspect as well, not mixing tenant types and matching similar personalities/like-minded people is very important to you and your tenants, after all nobody wants unhappy tenants or an unhappy landlord.
HMO Management Services – £300 per month flat fee
- Rental valuation
- Advice on presentation
- Advice on regulations
- Advertise and market property
- Tenant viewings
- Tenant referencing
- Preparation of tenancy agreement & other documentation
- Arrange gas, electrical, PAT and other annual certification
- Fire/smoke alarm testing
- Oversee maintenance issues
- Dealing with tenant problems 24/7
- Regular inspections (1 every 3 weeks)
- Tenant check-in and full inventory (see below)
- Closing inspection when each tenant leaves
Other associated fees are:
- Additional £30 for each inventory report produced
- For arranging refurbishment/insurance works – 12% of total invoice
- Removal of goods/replacement of items – £75 or 12% of the invoice whichever is greater
- Work outside of normal tasks – £90 per hour
- Landlord abortive costs – 50% of the fully managed fee
For further information on HMOs get in touch today.